Cong MLA gets extortion notice in Sibsagar
Sibsagar: Ruling Congress MLA and son of former chief minister Hiteswar Saikia has got an extortion notice of Rs 30 lakh from the anti-talk faction of ULFA.
"Yes I got an SMS from Paresh Baruah the commander in chief of anti-talk faction of ULFA for an extortion demand of Rs 30 lakh", Debabrata Saikia Congress MLA from Nazira constituency in upper Assam told a news agency here Wednesday.
A case has been registered with the Simaluguri police station and investigations are on.
Saikia claimed that despite his request to the police "adequate security" has not been provided for him.
The MLA has sent an SOS to Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi to provide him security in view of the recent demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?