Cong MLA gets extortion notice in Sibsagar
Sibsagar: Ruling Congress MLA and son of former chief minister Hiteswar Saikia has got an extortion notice of Rs 30 lakh from the anti-talk faction of ULFA.
"Yes I got an SMS from Paresh Baruah the commander in chief of anti-talk faction of ULFA for an extortion demand of Rs 30 lakh", Debabrata Saikia Congress MLA from Nazira constituency in upper Assam told a news agency here Wednesday.
A case has been registered with the Simaluguri police station and investigations are on.
Saikia claimed that despite his request to the police "adequate security" has not been provided for him.
The MLA has sent an SOS to Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi to provide him security in view of the recent demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?