Cong MLA gets extortion notice in Sibsagar
Sibsagar: Ruling Congress MLA and son of former chief minister Hiteswar Saikia has got an extortion notice of Rs 30 lakh from the anti-talk faction of ULFA.
"Yes I got an SMS from Paresh Baruah the commander in chief of anti-talk faction of ULFA for an extortion demand of Rs 30 lakh", Debabrata Saikia Congress MLA from Nazira constituency in upper Assam told a news agency here Wednesday.
A case has been registered with the Simaluguri police station and investigations are on.
Saikia claimed that despite his request to the police "adequate security" has not been provided for him.
The MLA has sent an SOS to Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi to provide him security in view of the recent demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand