Cong MLA gets extortion notice in Sibsagar
Sibsagar: Ruling Congress MLA and son of former chief minister Hiteswar Saikia has got an extortion notice of Rs 30 lakh from the anti-talk faction of ULFA.
"Yes I got an SMS from Paresh Baruah the commander in chief of anti-talk faction of ULFA for an extortion demand of Rs 30 lakh", Debabrata Saikia Congress MLA from Nazira constituency in upper Assam told a news agency here Wednesday.
A case has been registered with the Simaluguri police station and investigations are on.
Saikia claimed that despite his request to the police "adequate security" has not been provided for him.
The MLA has sent an SOS to Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi to provide him security in view of the recent demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Caught! Top model arrested in high-profile drug racket case — Know details
- Rs 40,000 crore Arunachal border road could be a liability, warns Indian Army
- Xiaomi Qicycle Electric Folding Bike: Features
- THIS Bollywood director has filed a defamation case against Kamaal R Khan! - Read more
- Anil Kumble pips Ravi Shastri to become new coach of Team India