Cong MLA gets extortion notice in Sibsagar
Sibsagar: Ruling Congress MLA and son of former chief minister Hiteswar Saikia has got an extortion notice of Rs 30 lakh from the anti-talk faction of ULFA.
"Yes I got an SMS from Paresh Baruah the commander in chief of anti-talk faction of ULFA for an extortion demand of Rs 30 lakh", Debabrata Saikia Congress MLA from Nazira constituency in upper Assam told a news agency here Wednesday.
A case has been registered with the Simaluguri police station and investigations are on.
Saikia claimed that despite his request to the police "adequate security" has not been provided for him.
The MLA has sent an SOS to Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi to provide him security in view of the recent demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic