Congress LS candidate alleges getting threat calls
Tezpur: A Congress Lok Sabha candidate in Assam on Wednesday alleged that he and two other party leaders have received phone calls threatening to kill them.
"Three congress leaders` lives, including mine, are under threat. We got phone calls threatening to kill us," Bhupen Kumar Borah, Congress MLA and candidate for Tezpur Lok Sabha constituency, told reporters after filing his nomination papers.
The Congress leader said he had got phone calls threatening to kill him, but declined to mention who has threatened him.
He also did not mention the names of the other two Congress leaders who too have received threatening calls.
"I have been provided with security by the district administration, but I have faith that the people of Tezpur will protect me," he said.
The polling for Tezpur seat will take place in the first phase on April 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Two Mexican kidnappers sentenced to 520 years in prison
- California wildfire spreads to over 11,000 acres
- After Gujarat, Dalits attacked in Karnataka's Chikkamagaluru for storing beef; seven Bajrang Dal activists booked
- Nora Fatehi not happy with Salman Yusuf Khan's entry in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9'?
- This herbal combo packs powerful punch against colon cancer