Congress LS candidate alleges getting threat calls
Tezpur: A Congress Lok Sabha candidate in Assam on Wednesday alleged that he and two other party leaders have received phone calls threatening to kill them.
"Three congress leaders` lives, including mine, are under threat. We got phone calls threatening to kill us," Bhupen Kumar Borah, Congress MLA and candidate for Tezpur Lok Sabha constituency, told reporters after filing his nomination papers.
The Congress leader said he had got phone calls threatening to kill him, but declined to mention who has threatened him.
He also did not mention the names of the other two Congress leaders who too have received threatening calls.
"I have been provided with security by the district administration, but I have faith that the people of Tezpur will protect me," he said.
The polling for Tezpur seat will take place in the first phase on April 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon