Congress LS candidate alleges getting threat calls
Tezpur: A Congress Lok Sabha candidate in Assam on Wednesday alleged that he and two other party leaders have received phone calls threatening to kill them.
"Three congress leaders` lives, including mine, are under threat. We got phone calls threatening to kill us," Bhupen Kumar Borah, Congress MLA and candidate for Tezpur Lok Sabha constituency, told reporters after filing his nomination papers.
The Congress leader said he had got phone calls threatening to kill him, but declined to mention who has threatened him.
He also did not mention the names of the other two Congress leaders who too have received threatening calls.
"I have been provided with security by the district administration, but I have faith that the people of Tezpur will protect me," he said.
The polling for Tezpur seat will take place in the first phase on April 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam