Congress LS candidate alleges getting threat calls
Tezpur: A Congress Lok Sabha candidate in Assam on Wednesday alleged that he and two other party leaders have received phone calls threatening to kill them.
"Three congress leaders` lives, including mine, are under threat. We got phone calls threatening to kill us," Bhupen Kumar Borah, Congress MLA and candidate for Tezpur Lok Sabha constituency, told reporters after filing his nomination papers.
The Congress leader said he had got phone calls threatening to kill him, but declined to mention who has threatened him.
He also did not mention the names of the other two Congress leaders who too have received threatening calls.
"I have been provided with security by the district administration, but I have faith that the people of Tezpur will protect me," he said.
The polling for Tezpur seat will take place in the first phase on April 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS