Congress LS candidate alleges getting threat calls
Tezpur: A Congress Lok Sabha candidate in Assam on Wednesday alleged that he and two other party leaders have received phone calls threatening to kill them.
"Three congress leaders` lives, including mine, are under threat. We got phone calls threatening to kill us," Bhupen Kumar Borah, Congress MLA and candidate for Tezpur Lok Sabha constituency, told reporters after filing his nomination papers.
The Congress leader said he had got phone calls threatening to kill him, but declined to mention who has threatened him.
He also did not mention the names of the other two Congress leaders who too have received threatening calls.
"I have been provided with security by the district administration, but I have faith that the people of Tezpur will protect me," he said.
The polling for Tezpur seat will take place in the first phase on April 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery