Congress may ally with AIUDF in Assam: Gogoi
Morigaon: The Congress in Assam may go for an electoral alliance with the All India United Democratic Front (AIUDF) in the forthcoming general elections, said Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Tuesday.
"If the party high command gives the green signal, we will have an alliance with the AIUDF in the state," Gogoi said while talking to reporters on the sidelines of a meeting here.
Though the AIUDF is an alliance partner of the Congress at the Centre, it is the single largest opposition party in the state.
Claiming that other parties in the state would not be a challenge to the Congress, the Chief Minister said in the forthcoming parliamentary elections his party would have a direct fight with only the BJP.
Asked to comment on the Congress` debacle in the just concluded Assembly elections in four states, Gogoi said his party chief Sonia Gandhi would be holding introspection meetings to rectify the drawbacks.
On the "secret killings" (of ULFA leaders` relatives) during the Prafulla Kumar Mahanta government in the 90s, he said the state government could not implement the Justice Saikia Commission report due to lack of evidence.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living