Congress MLA`s son-in-law and three others arrested
Bokakhat: Four persons, including the son-in-law of sitting Congress MLA and former minister Rameshwar Dhanowar, have been arrested today for alleged misbehaviour in an inebriated state at a public place in Assam`s Golaghat district.
Dhanowar`s son-in-law Dijen Panika and three others allegedly misbehaved and fired in the air outside a roadside eatery near Kaziranga National Park under Bokakhat police station, police said.
Panika, who is also the Bokakhat unit President of Assom Chah Mazdoor Sangha and Executive member of Golaghat district Congress Committee, and the others were arrested by the police under Section 506 IPC.
The others arrested along with Panika are Rupak Bora, Prakash Kurmi and Jiten Karmakar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress