Congress MLA`s son-in-law and three others arrested
Bokakhat: Four persons, including the son-in-law of sitting Congress MLA and former minister Rameshwar Dhanowar, have been arrested today for alleged misbehaviour in an inebriated state at a public place in Assam`s Golaghat district.
Dhanowar`s son-in-law Dijen Panika and three others allegedly misbehaved and fired in the air outside a roadside eatery near Kaziranga National Park under Bokakhat police station, police said.
Panika, who is also the Bokakhat unit President of Assom Chah Mazdoor Sangha and Executive member of Golaghat district Congress Committee, and the others were arrested by the police under Section 506 IPC.
The others arrested along with Panika are Rupak Bora, Prakash Kurmi and Jiten Karmakar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- This is how billionaire Richard Branson looks after cheating death in a violent high-speed bike crash
- West Bengal hospital fire: Three killed, 50 children injured; Rs 2 lakh ex-gratia announced
- Astronomers find a 'dark' Milky Way
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 654—Abhi visits Pragya's place and meets her family!
- Fire kills at least 16 in Moscow printing works