Congress MLA`s son-in-law and three others arrested
Bokakhat: Four persons, including the son-in-law of sitting Congress MLA and former minister Rameshwar Dhanowar, have been arrested today for alleged misbehaviour in an inebriated state at a public place in Assam`s Golaghat district.
Dhanowar`s son-in-law Dijen Panika and three others allegedly misbehaved and fired in the air outside a roadside eatery near Kaziranga National Park under Bokakhat police station, police said.
Panika, who is also the Bokakhat unit President of Assom Chah Mazdoor Sangha and Executive member of Golaghat district Congress Committee, and the others were arrested by the police under Section 506 IPC.
The others arrested along with Panika are Rupak Bora, Prakash Kurmi and Jiten Karmakar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia