Consensus on Assam Accord Implementation
Guwahati: Assam Accord Implementation
Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma on Wednesday asserted that the
government will evolve a consensus on the pact to benefit the
"There will be an consensus among all political
parties and others concerned about implementation of the Assam
accord with all its clauses," Sarma told reporters here.
An all party team will visit the state`s border with
Bangladesh next month and look into the fencing of the border.
Another all party team will visit the border in Jammu
and Kashmir later to see steps taken there which could be
implemented in the border areas of Assam, he said.
Referring to the current work to update the National
Registrar of Citizen (NRC), he said an all party meeting will
be held to ascertain their views.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev