Consensus on Assam Accord Implementation
Guwahati: Assam Accord Implementation
Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma on Wednesday asserted that the
government will evolve a consensus on the pact to benefit the
"There will be an consensus among all political
parties and others concerned about implementation of the Assam
accord with all its clauses," Sarma told reporters here.
An all party team will visit the state`s border with
Bangladesh next month and look into the fencing of the border.
Another all party team will visit the border in Jammu
and Kashmir later to see steps taken there which could be
implemented in the border areas of Assam, he said.
Referring to the current work to update the National
Registrar of Citizen (NRC), he said an all party meeting will
be held to ascertain their views.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Now, Lexit: London wants to stay with EU, says petition
- UP cops fight publicly over 'share of bribe', video goes viral - Watch
- Make your smoothie a successful summer diet with these magical ingredients!
- Delhi govt introduces 'Change-makers in education' fellowship
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic