Consensus on Assam Accord Implementation
Guwahati: Assam Accord Implementation
Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma on Wednesday asserted that the
government will evolve a consensus on the pact to benefit the
"There will be an consensus among all political
parties and others concerned about implementation of the Assam
accord with all its clauses," Sarma told reporters here.
An all party team will visit the state`s border with
Bangladesh next month and look into the fencing of the border.
Another all party team will visit the border in Jammu
and Kashmir later to see steps taken there which could be
implemented in the border areas of Assam, he said.
Referring to the current work to update the National
Registrar of Citizen (NRC), he said an all party meeting will
be held to ascertain their views.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray