Controversial MLA`s husband files application
Silchar: Assam`s controversial Congress legislator Rumi Nath`s first husband, Rakesh Singh, has filed an application with the Silchar Family Court to summon him if there is any case involving his two-year-old daughter.
Singh in his application prayed before the Court that he should be called if any issue regarding his daughter was brought before it by his wife.
"My daughter will stay with me. There can be no question on that. I will not hand her over to her mother at any cost. Therefore, I have submitted my prayer well in advance to the Court", he said.
Singh along with Nath`s parents had taken anticipatory bail from Gauhati High Court against a case filed by the MLA at the Dispur police station alleging that many of her valuable possessions have been stolen by them.
The MLA from Borkhola constituency of Cachar district has been in the news recently for allegedly eloping with an employee of the state`s Social Welfare department, Jacky Zakir, last month and later resurfaced in Guwahati where she admitted to marrying a second time without divorcing her husband.
The MLA`s first husband has also filed a case against Rumi and her second husband accusing them of bigamy, illicit relation and theft.
She had filed another case against her first husband alleging that he used to beat her and had threatened her with dire consequences on several occasions.
Meanwhile, a prominent temple committee of Borkhola, has filed a case against her for allegedly hurting the religious sentiments of the people and misleading them.
Nath was first elected to the Assembly in 2006 on a BJP ticket from Borkhola and later defected to the Congress, retaining the seat for the second consecutive term in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report