CPM poll manifesto promises clean govt in Assam
Guwahati: The CPI-M has promised to control
price, ensure food at cheaper rate, work for welfare of
farmers and provide a clean government in Assam if voted to
power in the Assembly elections on April 4 and 11 next.
Releasing his party`s poll manifesto, CPI-M state unit
secretary Udhab Barman said measures would be taken for
increasing employment avenues, fulfilling the demands of
government and PSU employees.
They would strongly oppose moves for privatisation,
globalisation and liberalisation, he said.
The issues of insurgency and infiltration irritating the
state for a long time would also be taken up, he added.
"We want to fight the elections with secular like minded
parties which are non-BJP and non-Congress. Regional party AGP
failed to take the Left parties with them in the poll battle,"
The Left parties will jointly fight the polls with the
CPI and CPI-M contesting 17 seats each, CPM-ML eight,
Forward Block five, besides two independents, he said.
The CPI-M also promised to improve the education and
health facilities, decentralisation of panchayats and town
committees, strong measures for welfare of women, fulfilling
the demands of various ethnic communities to be included in
the scheduled caste and tribe lists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader