CPM poll manifesto promises clean govt in Assam
Guwahati: The CPI-M has promised to control
price, ensure food at cheaper rate, work for welfare of
farmers and provide a clean government in Assam if voted to
power in the Assembly elections on April 4 and 11 next.
Releasing his party`s poll manifesto, CPI-M state unit
secretary Udhab Barman said measures would be taken for
increasing employment avenues, fulfilling the demands of
government and PSU employees.
They would strongly oppose moves for privatisation,
globalisation and liberalisation, he said.
The issues of insurgency and infiltration irritating the
state for a long time would also be taken up, he added.
"We want to fight the elections with secular like minded
parties which are non-BJP and non-Congress. Regional party AGP
failed to take the Left parties with them in the poll battle,"
The Left parties will jointly fight the polls with the
CPI and CPI-M contesting 17 seats each, CPM-ML eight,
Forward Block five, besides two independents, he said.
The CPI-M also promised to improve the education and
health facilities, decentralisation of panchayats and town
committees, strong measures for welfare of women, fulfilling
the demands of various ethnic communities to be included in
the scheduled caste and tribe lists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- CBSE Class 12th Board Exam Results 2015: cbseresults.nic.in crashes
- CBSE Results 2015: Girls outperform boys in Class 12 Board Exams
- Complete list of award winners at IPL 2015