CPM poll manifesto promises clean govt in Assam
Guwahati: The CPI-M has promised to control
price, ensure food at cheaper rate, work for welfare of
farmers and provide a clean government in Assam if voted to
power in the Assembly elections on April 4 and 11 next.
Releasing his party`s poll manifesto, CPI-M state unit
secretary Udhab Barman said measures would be taken for
increasing employment avenues, fulfilling the demands of
government and PSU employees.
They would strongly oppose moves for privatisation,
globalisation and liberalisation, he said.
The issues of insurgency and infiltration irritating the
state for a long time would also be taken up, he added.
"We want to fight the elections with secular like minded
parties which are non-BJP and non-Congress. Regional party AGP
failed to take the Left parties with them in the poll battle,"
The Left parties will jointly fight the polls with the
CPI and CPI-M contesting 17 seats each, CPM-ML eight,
Forward Block five, besides two independents, he said.
The CPI-M also promised to improve the education and
health facilities, decentralisation of panchayats and town
committees, strong measures for welfare of women, fulfilling
the demands of various ethnic communities to be included in
the scheduled caste and tribe lists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31