CPM poll manifesto promises clean govt in Assam
Guwahati: The CPI-M has promised to control
price, ensure food at cheaper rate, work for welfare of
farmers and provide a clean government in Assam if voted to
power in the Assembly elections on April 4 and 11 next.
Releasing his party`s poll manifesto, CPI-M state unit
secretary Udhab Barman said measures would be taken for
increasing employment avenues, fulfilling the demands of
government and PSU employees.
They would strongly oppose moves for privatisation,
globalisation and liberalisation, he said.
The issues of insurgency and infiltration irritating the
state for a long time would also be taken up, he added.
"We want to fight the elections with secular like minded
parties which are non-BJP and non-Congress. Regional party AGP
failed to take the Left parties with them in the poll battle,"
The Left parties will jointly fight the polls with the
CPI and CPI-M contesting 17 seats each, CPM-ML eight,
Forward Block five, besides two independents, he said.
The CPI-M also promised to improve the education and
health facilities, decentralisation of panchayats and town
committees, strong measures for welfare of women, fulfilling
the demands of various ethnic communities to be included in
the scheduled caste and tribe lists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble