CPM poll manifesto promises clean govt in Assam
Guwahati: The CPI-M has promised to control
price, ensure food at cheaper rate, work for welfare of
farmers and provide a clean government in Assam if voted to
power in the Assembly elections on April 4 and 11 next.
Releasing his party`s poll manifesto, CPI-M state unit
secretary Udhab Barman said measures would be taken for
increasing employment avenues, fulfilling the demands of
government and PSU employees.
They would strongly oppose moves for privatisation,
globalisation and liberalisation, he said.
The issues of insurgency and infiltration irritating the
state for a long time would also be taken up, he added.
"We want to fight the elections with secular like minded
parties which are non-BJP and non-Congress. Regional party AGP
failed to take the Left parties with them in the poll battle,"
The Left parties will jointly fight the polls with the
CPI and CPI-M contesting 17 seats each, CPM-ML eight,
Forward Block five, besides two independents, he said.
The CPI-M also promised to improve the education and
health facilities, decentralisation of panchayats and town
committees, strong measures for welfare of women, fulfilling
the demands of various ethnic communities to be included in
the scheduled caste and tribe lists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof