Curfew continue in Dima Hasao for fifth day
Haflong (Assam): Indefinite curfew continued for the fifth day in Dima Hasao hill district of Assam with no reports of any fresh incidents of violence Tuesday.
One new company of CRPF has reached the district which witnessed violence yesterday during a four hour relaxation of the curfew, officials said.
Assam Police IGP (Law & Order) L R Bishnoi reached Haflong today and reviewed the security situation in the district. He held meeting with representatives of the district civil and police administration, besides the Army and CRPF.
The situation in the district was tense but under control, the officials said.
Curfew was first been imposed in the district on September 28 following violence during a 48-hour bandh call by the North Cachar Hills Indigenous Peoples` Forum (NCHIPF) to press for bifurcation of Dima Hasao district into two autonomous districts.
Supporters of NCHIPF had resorted to violence and burnt vehicles during curfew relaxation yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?