Curfew in 25 Assam villages following clash
Guwahati: Indefinite curfew was Thursday clamped in 25 villages in Assam`s Darrang district after 13 people were injured in a clash between two groups, officials said.
Darrang Deputy Commissioner M.S. Manivannan said curfew was imposed in 25 villages to stop any deterioration of the situation.
The curfew would be in force till further orders and till the situation improves, he added.
A group of people attacked another group at Udmari village, after suspecting the second group to be of dacoits. A total of 13 people were injured in the incident, a district administration officer said.
Five of the injured were taken to the Guwahati Medical College and Hospital for treatment.
Additional security has been deployed in and around the area, police said.
The district administration has ordered a magisterial probe into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui