Curfew in 25 Assam villages following clash
Guwahati: Indefinite curfew was Thursday clamped in 25 villages in Assam`s Darrang district after 13 people were injured in a clash between two groups, officials said.
Darrang Deputy Commissioner M.S. Manivannan said curfew was imposed in 25 villages to stop any deterioration of the situation.
The curfew would be in force till further orders and till the situation improves, he added.
A group of people attacked another group at Udmari village, after suspecting the second group to be of dacoits. A total of 13 people were injured in the incident, a district administration officer said.
Five of the injured were taken to the Guwahati Medical College and Hospital for treatment.
Additional security has been deployed in and around the area, police said.
The district administration has ordered a magisterial probe into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi