Curfew in 25 Assam villages following clash
Guwahati: Indefinite curfew was Thursday clamped in 25 villages in Assam`s Darrang district after 13 people were injured in a clash between two groups, officials said.
Darrang Deputy Commissioner M.S. Manivannan said curfew was imposed in 25 villages to stop any deterioration of the situation.
The curfew would be in force till further orders and till the situation improves, he added.
A group of people attacked another group at Udmari village, after suspecting the second group to be of dacoits. A total of 13 people were injured in the incident, a district administration officer said.
Five of the injured were taken to the Guwahati Medical College and Hospital for treatment.
Additional security has been deployed in and around the area, police said.
The district administration has ordered a magisterial probe into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- NASA’s SDO captures bursts of solar material from the Sun- Watch
- Watch: Videos show German-Iranian gunman going on rampage in Munich
- Heavy rain in China kills at least 24, millions evacuated
- Defence Minister Parrikar leaves for Chennai to monitor ops of missing IAF AN 32
- Pakistan has been crying for Kashmir ever since independence: NPP