Curfew in 25 Assam villages following clash
Guwahati: Indefinite curfew was Thursday clamped in 25 villages in Assam`s Darrang district after 13 people were injured in a clash between two groups, officials said.
Darrang Deputy Commissioner M.S. Manivannan said curfew was imposed in 25 villages to stop any deterioration of the situation.
The curfew would be in force till further orders and till the situation improves, he added.
A group of people attacked another group at Udmari village, after suspecting the second group to be of dacoits. A total of 13 people were injured in the incident, a district administration officer said.
Five of the injured were taken to the Guwahati Medical College and Hospital for treatment.
Additional security has been deployed in and around the area, police said.
The district administration has ordered a magisterial probe into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- RIP Gene Wilder: Celebs mourns loss of 'funniest and sweetest energies ever'
- RSS turning temples into storehouses of arms: Kerala minister
- Curfew lifted from Pulwama; situation in Kashmir improving
- Failure more special than success: Emraan Hashmi
- Rains trigger landslide on Gangotri highway in Uttarakhand