Curfew relaxed for two hours in Chirang after girl`s murder
Kajalgaon: The indefinite curfew clamped in Chirang district was relaxed for two hours this evening with no report of violence following the murder of a school girl.
According to the district administration, the curfew which was imposed late last night was relaxed from 4 pm to 6 pm this evening.
The authorities had initially imposed a night curfew yesterday from 6 PM to 6 AM in Amguri and Bijni areas of the district, but later extended it to an indefinite one.
The teenage girl was killed by unknown assailants yesterday at a place under Amguri police station in Chirang, where the curfew was imposed.
The class XII student had gone with another girl from her neighbourhood to catch fish in Kanamakra river in No1 Baldi village when a group of unknown miscreants attacked them and killed the girl.
The other girl managed to escape and reported the matter to the villagers, who later on informed the Police.
Police arrested four persons in this connection, who were later identified as culprits by the other girl.
The four have been identified as Asadul Sikdar, Asmat Sikdar, Jahanubin Sheikh and Babul Talukdar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video