Declare Assam flood as national calamity: BJP
Morigaon (Assam): BJP on Subday asked the union government to declare the Assam floods as a "national calamity."
A high-level BJP national delegation led by party General Secretary Vijay Goel today visited flood affected areas of Morigaon district in central Assam.
Speaking to PTI after the visit, Goel said all BJP-ruled states would provide assistance to the flood affected people of Assam.
"The Centre should immediately declare the Assam flood as a national calamity. The BJP will take up the issue at the national level," he said.
The BJP leader also blamed the state government of "remaining a mute spectator" when entire Assam was reeling under flood.
The team visited Mayong, Lahorighat and Bhuragaon in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar