Declare Assam flood as national calamity: BJP
Morigaon (Assam): BJP on Subday asked the union government to declare the Assam floods as a "national calamity."
A high-level BJP national delegation led by party General Secretary Vijay Goel today visited flood affected areas of Morigaon district in central Assam.
Speaking to PTI after the visit, Goel said all BJP-ruled states would provide assistance to the flood affected people of Assam.
"The Centre should immediately declare the Assam flood as a national calamity. The BJP will take up the issue at the national level," he said.
The BJP leader also blamed the state government of "remaining a mute spectator" when entire Assam was reeling under flood.
The team visited Mayong, Lahorighat and Bhuragaon in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says