Delete Hindu names from ‘D’ voters list: BJP
Guwahati: The Assam unit of the BJP on Sunday
demanded that names of Hindus who were Indians should be
deleted from "D" (doubtful) voters list.
"Genuine Hindu Indian voters are being harassed by the
authority in the name of compilation of "D" voters list and we
demand that their names should not be in such list," party`s
state unit President Ranjit Dutta told reporters here.
Stating there was no division among the party after
its recent assembly poll debacle, Dutta said national
president Nitin Gadkari during his visit yesterday had urged
the partymen to stay united and fight against corruption.
On the recurring flood problem, Dutta said "We urge
the Centre to recognise flood as a national problem and tackle
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- Watch: How a bionic suit helped a paralyzed father make his daughter's wedding day memorable!
- Maoists kill LJP leader, brother in Bihar
- French Open 2016, Day 4: Sania Mirza, Leander Paes, Rohan Bopanna enter French Open second round
- Panama probe independent of Bachchan's presence at Modi bash: Union Law Minister
- PM Modi congratulates new Kerala CM