Devastating fire as oil tanker overturns in Assam
Guwahati: A devastating fire broke out after an oil tanker skidded and overturned on NH-31 at Amingaon in Assam`s Kamrup district on Saturday.
The oil tanker, on its way from Guwahati to Rangiya, skidded and overturned when its driver tried to overtake another vehicle after crossing the Saraighat bridge, official sources said.
The tanker burst into flames immediately afterwards and eight fire tenders were pressed into service to douse the flame.
The entire area has been cordoned off and vehicles are stranded on about 12 km stretch on the national highway on both sides of the accident site, the sources said.
The driver, suspected to be in an inebriated state, and his helper were injured and admitted to Amingaon Civil Hospital, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray