Devastating fire as oil tanker overturns in Assam
Guwahati: A devastating fire broke out after an oil tanker skidded and overturned on NH-31 at Amingaon in Assam`s Kamrup district on Saturday.
The oil tanker, on its way from Guwahati to Rangiya, skidded and overturned when its driver tried to overtake another vehicle after crossing the Saraighat bridge, official sources said.
The tanker burst into flames immediately afterwards and eight fire tenders were pressed into service to douse the flame.
The entire area has been cordoned off and vehicles are stranded on about 12 km stretch on the national highway on both sides of the accident site, the sources said.
The driver, suspected to be in an inebriated state, and his helper were injured and admitted to Amingaon Civil Hospital, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why