DGP directed to beef up security ahead of Republic Day
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi has directed the state Director General of Police J N Choudhury to beef up security in the state in view of the forthcoming Republic Day.
The Chief Minister in an order also asked the police chief to strengthen security following the grenade blast at Digboi in Tinsukia district on January 9 in which three children were killed, official sources said here today.
The Chief Minister has directed the DGP to launch a manhunt to apprehend the culprits behind the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea