DGP directed to beef up security ahead of Republic Day
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi has directed the state Director General of Police J N Choudhury to beef up security in the state in view of the forthcoming Republic Day.
The Chief Minister in an order also asked the police chief to strengthen security following the grenade blast at Digboi in Tinsukia district on January 9 in which three children were killed, official sources said here today.
The Chief Minister has directed the DGP to launch a manhunt to apprehend the culprits behind the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor