DGP directed to beef up security ahead of Republic Day
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi has directed the state Director General of Police J N Choudhury to beef up security in the state in view of the forthcoming Republic Day.
The Chief Minister in an order also asked the police chief to strengthen security following the grenade blast at Digboi in Tinsukia district on January 9 in which three children were killed, official sources said here today.
The Chief Minister has directed the DGP to launch a manhunt to apprehend the culprits behind the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II