Discussions can solve Assam problems: Rajkhowa
Silchar: ULFA doves on Monday said only
discussions can result in political solution to problems of
the people of Assam but their failure may lead to a "civil war
like situation" in the state.
"People of Assam means not only Assamese people but all
`bhumiputras` who have raised the demand for establishing
peace in the state. We have only obeyed their demand and
initiated peace talks with the government," `chairman`
Arabinda Rajkhowa told.
"But if talks fail, the state will be rocked by a civil
war," he claimed.
He said ULFA had earlier fought for establishment of the
right for all bhumiputras from the jungles but now they are
fighting at the table and a solution should fulfill the rights
and dreams of people of Assam.
He said ULFA has already given a formula to the
government which was prepared on the basis of the actual
demand of the people of the state and if it was necessary, the
Constitution should be amended for a permanent solution of the
Rajkhowa also rubbished reports about the anti-talk
faction recently appointing Abhijit Barman as acting chairman
of the group, saying there was no one by that name.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city