Discussions can solve Assam problems: Rajkhowa
Silchar: ULFA doves on Monday said only
discussions can result in political solution to problems of
the people of Assam but their failure may lead to a "civil war
like situation" in the state.
"People of Assam means not only Assamese people but all
`bhumiputras` who have raised the demand for establishing
peace in the state. We have only obeyed their demand and
initiated peace talks with the government," `chairman`
Arabinda Rajkhowa told.
"But if talks fail, the state will be rocked by a civil
war," he claimed.
He said ULFA had earlier fought for establishment of the
right for all bhumiputras from the jungles but now they are
fighting at the table and a solution should fulfill the rights
and dreams of people of Assam.
He said ULFA has already given a formula to the
government which was prepared on the basis of the actual
demand of the people of the state and if it was necessary, the
Constitution should be amended for a permanent solution of the
Rajkhowa also rubbished reports about the anti-talk
faction recently appointing Abhijit Barman as acting chairman
of the group, saying there was no one by that name.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof