Dissident Cong MLAs from Assam complain against CM Gogoi
New Delhi: Fifteen dissident Congress MLAs from Assam have lodged complaints to the party leadership against the "style of functioning" of Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi alleging that the state is now being run by officials and public representatives have no say in administration.
The MLAs, camping in Delhi for last one week, claimed that the number of legislators who are unhappy with the functioning of the Gogoi government is 40 that include ministers and Parliamentary secretaries.
"We are unhappy with the style of functioning of Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi. Despite our repeated complaints, he has not given any attention to our grievances that resulted people losing faith in us as well as in Congress party," Abhayapuri South MLA Chandan Sarkar told PTI.
Sarkar said till the second term of Gogoi government, the MLAs did not have problems in executing works but they have been facing difficulty since Gogoi came to power for the third time in 2011.
"Now officers are running the show. The public representatives have no say in development works. Even some ministers are concentrating on development of their own constituency, completely ignoring constituencies of party MLAs," he said.
Sarkar said they have met Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, senior leaders Mohsina Kidwai and are awaiting appointments with Congress chief Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
He said the dissident MLAs would abide by any decision of the high command, including change of leadership of the government.
Asked whom they wanted as leader of the Congress legislature party, Sarkar avoided a direct reply but said MLAs were happy with the performance of Education Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Vijay Mallya to be declared PO if he doesn't turn up by July 27
- 7th CPC: Who else is going to benefit from central govt employees' pay hike?
- Sanjeev Rajput wins silver in 50m Rifle 3 Positions
- Google Maps introduces HD satellite imagery from Landsat 8 – Enjoy the view!
- Black money window: I-T dept creates special tab on website