DNRF chief apprehended
Haflong: In a major blow to militants operating in Dima Hasao district of Assam, security forces have apprehended the `commander-in-chief` of Dimasa National Revolutionary Front (DNRF).
Diamond Dimasa alias Pranjol Hojai was apprehended last night at Diyungmukh in a joint operation by police and army as part of the intensified drive against DNRF, formed in the district about 6 months ago, police said.
No arms were recovered from the insurgent leader, the police said.
The Front, some of whose cadres defected from Dima Halam Daogah (Nunisa faction), is engaged in extortions in the district and is associated with NSCN(I-M), the police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...