DNRF chief apprehended
Haflong: In a major blow to militants operating in Dima Hasao district of Assam, security forces have apprehended the `commander-in-chief` of Dimasa National Revolutionary Front (DNRF).
Diamond Dimasa alias Pranjol Hojai was apprehended last night at Diyungmukh in a joint operation by police and army as part of the intensified drive against DNRF, formed in the district about 6 months ago, police said.
No arms were recovered from the insurgent leader, the police said.
The Front, some of whose cadres defected from Dima Halam Daogah (Nunisa faction), is engaged in extortions in the district and is associated with NSCN(I-M), the police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Vodafone to start e-KYC from Aug 24 for instant SIM activation
- Belgian jazz musician Toots Thielemans dies at 94
- Finance Ministry expects new RBI Governor Urjit Patel to push growth while checking inflation
- Tata Motors launches two new commercial vehicles in Indonesia
- ArcelorMittal to pay $110 million fine for price fixing in South Africa