DNRF chief apprehended
Haflong: In a major blow to militants operating in Dima Hasao district of Assam, security forces have apprehended the `commander-in-chief` of Dimasa National Revolutionary Front (DNRF).
Diamond Dimasa alias Pranjol Hojai was apprehended last night at Diyungmukh in a joint operation by police and army as part of the intensified drive against DNRF, formed in the district about 6 months ago, police said.
No arms were recovered from the insurgent leader, the police said.
The Front, some of whose cadres defected from Dima Halam Daogah (Nunisa faction), is engaged in extortions in the district and is associated with NSCN(I-M), the police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune