DNRF chief apprehended
Haflong: In a major blow to militants operating in Dima Hasao district of Assam, security forces have apprehended the `commander-in-chief` of Dimasa National Revolutionary Front (DNRF).
Diamond Dimasa alias Pranjol Hojai was apprehended last night at Diyungmukh in a joint operation by police and army as part of the intensified drive against DNRF, formed in the district about 6 months ago, police said.
No arms were recovered from the insurgent leader, the police said.
The Front, some of whose cadres defected from Dima Halam Daogah (Nunisa faction), is engaged in extortions in the district and is associated with NSCN(I-M), the police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened