DRI arrests man with fake currency in Guwahati
New Delhi: A man has been arrested in Guwahati for allegedly smuggling fake Indian currency notes having a face value of Rs 12 lakh.
Mohd Hakim Sheikh, a resident of Malda in West Bengal, was arrested on August 30 when he was about to deliver the fake currency in Guwahati, Directorate of Revenue Intelligence officials said.
A Tavera car, used in the smuggling, was also seized.
Sheikh is an absconding accused in two fake currency- related cases being probed by the CBI wherein seizures worth Rs 10 lakh were made by the agency at Guwahati earlier.
Officials are trying to find out more details related to Sheikh`s contacts in Guwahati.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH