DRI arrests man with fake currency in Guwahati
New Delhi: A man has been arrested in Guwahati for allegedly smuggling fake Indian currency notes having a face value of Rs 12 lakh.
Mohd Hakim Sheikh, a resident of Malda in West Bengal, was arrested on August 30 when he was about to deliver the fake currency in Guwahati, Directorate of Revenue Intelligence officials said.
A Tavera car, used in the smuggling, was also seized.
Sheikh is an absconding accused in two fake currency- related cases being probed by the CBI wherein seizures worth Rs 10 lakh were made by the agency at Guwahati earlier.
Officials are trying to find out more details related to Sheikh`s contacts in Guwahati.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai