Drugs worth Rs 1.5 crore seized in Assam
Silchar: Four drug traffickers were arrested and psychotropic tablets worth about Rs 1.5 crore were seized from them by a joint police and CRPF team from Cachar district of Assam, police said on Saturday.
The drugs weighing 150 kg were being carried in six big packets towards Mizoram when the security forces seized them at Bhagabazar area yesterday. All the four traffickers were also arrested.
Police also seized five mobile sets and some cash from them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak