Earthquake measuring 5.5 jolts Assam
Zee Media Bureau
Guwahati: An earthquake measuring 5.5 on the Richter scale struck Assam on Wednesday morning.
There are no reports of any damage or injuries as yet.
The tremor at 9.46 am lasted a few seconds, jolting doors and windows.
The epicentre of the tremor was at Karbi Anglong at a depth of 20 km with latitude 26.5 degree north and longitude 93.5 degree east, the MET office said in Guwahati.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet