Earthquake of moderate intensity rocks north-east
Shillong: An earthquake of moderate intensity shook Meghalaya, Assam and some other north-east states on Sunday but there was no report of any casualty or damage to property.
The quake, which had a magnitude of 6.0 on the Richter scale, hit the region at around 7:51 am and the epicentre was located 70 km underneath the earth’s crust in Myanmar, officials at the Seismological Survey of India said.
The officials said the quake was of "moderate" intensity and all major towns in the region felt the tremor.
Earlier this month, tremor having a magnitude of 5.4 and 5.5 on the Richter Scale hit the region with their epicentres located in Phek and Nagaland region of Nagaland respectively.
Today`s tremor was also felt in Itanagar, Guwahati, Agartala besides Kohima and Imphal.
Police said there was no report of any casualty or damage to property in Meghalaya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi