Editors on goodwill mission to Assam`s trouble-torn areas
Guwahati: A delegation of editors of local dailies on Thursday left on a two-day goodwill mission to trouble-torn Kokrajhar, Chirang and Dhubri districts.
The delegation aimed to instill a sense of security, oneness amongst the people and spread the message of amity, harmony and brotherhood, official sources said here.
The delegation will take stock of the ground situation in the relief camps; interact with camp inmates, local people and the administration.
The delegation has been accompanied by Assam Secretary of Information and Public Relations AK Roy and other senior officers of the Directorate of Information and Public Relations.
Two more editors of Bodo newspapers joined the delegation in Kokrajhar on the same day, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday