Editors on goodwill mission to Assam`s trouble-torn areas
Guwahati: A delegation of editors of local dailies on Thursday left on a two-day goodwill mission to trouble-torn Kokrajhar, Chirang and Dhubri districts.
The delegation aimed to instill a sense of security, oneness amongst the people and spread the message of amity, harmony and brotherhood, official sources said here.
The delegation will take stock of the ground situation in the relief camps; interact with camp inmates, local people and the administration.
The delegation has been accompanied by Assam Secretary of Information and Public Relations AK Roy and other senior officers of the Directorate of Information and Public Relations.
Two more editors of Bodo newspapers joined the delegation in Kokrajhar on the same day, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred