Editors on goodwill mission to Assam`s trouble-torn areas
Guwahati: A delegation of editors of local dailies on Thursday left on a two-day goodwill mission to trouble-torn Kokrajhar, Chirang and Dhubri districts.
The delegation aimed to instill a sense of security, oneness amongst the people and spread the message of amity, harmony and brotherhood, official sources said here.
The delegation will take stock of the ground situation in the relief camps; interact with camp inmates, local people and the administration.
The delegation has been accompanied by Assam Secretary of Information and Public Relations AK Roy and other senior officers of the Directorate of Information and Public Relations.
Two more editors of Bodo newspapers joined the delegation in Kokrajhar on the same day, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Liam Payne will reunite with One Direction, says his sister
- Orlando Bloom 'happy' for Miranda Kerr
- Planning to visit Africa? Check out these top 5 places for sure
- Whoa! Deepika Padukone meets Ranbir Kapoor, Fawad Khan on 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' sets?
- Punjab braveheart challenges J&K separatists, says will hoist tricolour at Srinagar's Lal Chowk on Aug 15 - Watch