Eight ULFA ultras surrender in Assam
Tinsukia: Eight hardcore ULFA insurgents and three link men surrendered before the police at Tinsukia in Assam Friday.
The militants along with the linkmen laid down arms before Tinsukia district Deputy Commissioner S S Meenakshi Sunderam, district superintendent of police P P Singh and DIG upper Assam Satyen Gogoi.
They deposited four AK-81 assault rifles with four magazines, one G-2 self-loading rifle (SLR) with three magazines, two 7.65 pistols, seven Chinese grenades, half kg TNT explosives and two mobiles.
The eight ultras are Monoranjan Gogoi, Dipen Saikia, Manik Dohotia, Jayanta Saikia, Bulon Moran, Rantu Moran, Nizu Gohain and Hemkanta Changmai.
The link men have been identified as Dhavania Saikia, Dharmen Sonowal and Raju Moran.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video