Eight ULFA ultras surrender in Assam
Tinsukia: Eight hardcore ULFA insurgents and three link men surrendered before the police at Tinsukia in Assam Friday.
The militants along with the linkmen laid down arms before Tinsukia district Deputy Commissioner S S Meenakshi Sunderam, district superintendent of police P P Singh and DIG upper Assam Satyen Gogoi.
They deposited four AK-81 assault rifles with four magazines, one G-2 self-loading rifle (SLR) with three magazines, two 7.65 pistols, seven Chinese grenades, half kg TNT explosives and two mobiles.
The eight ultras are Monoranjan Gogoi, Dipen Saikia, Manik Dohotia, Jayanta Saikia, Bulon Moran, Rantu Moran, Nizu Gohain and Hemkanta Changmai.
The link men have been identified as Dhavania Saikia, Dharmen Sonowal and Raju Moran.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey