Eight ULFA ultras surrender in Assam
Tinsukia: Eight hardcore ULFA insurgents and three link men surrendered before the police at Tinsukia in Assam Friday.
The militants along with the linkmen laid down arms before Tinsukia district Deputy Commissioner S S Meenakshi Sunderam, district superintendent of police P P Singh and DIG upper Assam Satyen Gogoi.
They deposited four AK-81 assault rifles with four magazines, one G-2 self-loading rifle (SLR) with three magazines, two 7.65 pistols, seven Chinese grenades, half kg TNT explosives and two mobiles.
The eight ultras are Monoranjan Gogoi, Dipen Saikia, Manik Dohotia, Jayanta Saikia, Bulon Moran, Rantu Moran, Nizu Gohain and Hemkanta Changmai.
The link men have been identified as Dhavania Saikia, Dharmen Sonowal and Raju Moran.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!