Eight ULFA ultras surrender in Assam
Tinsukia: Eight hardcore ULFA insurgents and three link men surrendered before the police at Tinsukia in Assam Friday.
The militants along with the linkmen laid down arms before Tinsukia district Deputy Commissioner S S Meenakshi Sunderam, district superintendent of police P P Singh and DIG upper Assam Satyen Gogoi.
They deposited four AK-81 assault rifles with four magazines, one G-2 self-loading rifle (SLR) with three magazines, two 7.65 pistols, seven Chinese grenades, half kg TNT explosives and two mobiles.
The eight ultras are Monoranjan Gogoi, Dipen Saikia, Manik Dohotia, Jayanta Saikia, Bulon Moran, Rantu Moran, Nizu Gohain and Hemkanta Changmai.
The link men have been identified as Dhavania Saikia, Dharmen Sonowal and Raju Moran.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren