Eight ULFA ultras surrender in Assam
Tinsukia: Eight hardcore ULFA insurgents and three link men surrendered before the police at Tinsukia in Assam Friday.
The militants along with the linkmen laid down arms before Tinsukia district Deputy Commissioner S S Meenakshi Sunderam, district superintendent of police P P Singh and DIG upper Assam Satyen Gogoi.
They deposited four AK-81 assault rifles with four magazines, one G-2 self-loading rifle (SLR) with three magazines, two 7.65 pistols, seven Chinese grenades, half kg TNT explosives and two mobiles.
The eight ultras are Monoranjan Gogoi, Dipen Saikia, Manik Dohotia, Jayanta Saikia, Bulon Moran, Rantu Moran, Nizu Gohain and Hemkanta Changmai.
The link men have been identified as Dhavania Saikia, Dharmen Sonowal and Raju Moran.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon