Electoral rolls with photo of voters in Assam
Hailakandi: Electoral rolls with photo of each voter would be used for the first time in Assam for voting during the bye-elections to Algapur Assembly constituency.
"It will be the first time when voting would be held on the basis of electoral rolls with photo of voters with their names and other details," Deputy Commissioner of Hailakandi, S Theak told a news agency today.
The by-elections to the constituency, to be held on February 24, was needed following the death of former AGP minister and sitting MLA Shahidul Alam Choudhury.
A total of 1,42,702 voters will exercise their their franchise on February 24 in 117 polling stations.
The counting will be held on February 28.
A candidate can use Rs 16 lakhs as their entire expenditure for campaigning, Theak said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das