Electoral rolls with photo of voters in Assam
Hailakandi: Electoral rolls with photo of each voter would be used for the first time in Assam for voting during the bye-elections to Algapur Assembly constituency.
"It will be the first time when voting would be held on the basis of electoral rolls with photo of voters with their names and other details," Deputy Commissioner of Hailakandi, S Theak told a news agency today.
The by-elections to the constituency, to be held on February 24, was needed following the death of former AGP minister and sitting MLA Shahidul Alam Choudhury.
A total of 1,42,702 voters will exercise their their franchise on February 24 in 117 polling stations.
The counting will be held on February 28.
A candidate can use Rs 16 lakhs as their entire expenditure for campaigning, Theak said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'