Electoral rolls with photo of voters in Assam
Hailakandi: Electoral rolls with photo of each voter would be used for the first time in Assam for voting during the bye-elections to Algapur Assembly constituency.
"It will be the first time when voting would be held on the basis of electoral rolls with photo of voters with their names and other details," Deputy Commissioner of Hailakandi, S Theak told a news agency today.
The by-elections to the constituency, to be held on February 24, was needed following the death of former AGP minister and sitting MLA Shahidul Alam Choudhury.
A total of 1,42,702 voters will exercise their their franchise on February 24 in 117 polling stations.
The counting will be held on February 28.
A candidate can use Rs 16 lakhs as their entire expenditure for campaigning, Theak said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday