Electoral rolls with photo of voters in Assam
Hailakandi: Electoral rolls with photo of each voter would be used for the first time in Assam for voting during the bye-elections to Algapur Assembly constituency.
"It will be the first time when voting would be held on the basis of electoral rolls with photo of voters with their names and other details," Deputy Commissioner of Hailakandi, S Theak told a news agency today.
The by-elections to the constituency, to be held on February 24, was needed following the death of former AGP minister and sitting MLA Shahidul Alam Choudhury.
A total of 1,42,702 voters will exercise their their franchise on February 24 in 117 polling stations.
The counting will be held on February 28.
A candidate can use Rs 16 lakhs as their entire expenditure for campaigning, Theak said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"