Electoral rolls with photo of voters in Assam
Hailakandi: Electoral rolls with photo of each voter would be used for the first time in Assam for voting during the bye-elections to Algapur Assembly constituency.
"It will be the first time when voting would be held on the basis of electoral rolls with photo of voters with their names and other details," Deputy Commissioner of Hailakandi, S Theak told a news agency today.
The by-elections to the constituency, to be held on February 24, was needed following the death of former AGP minister and sitting MLA Shahidul Alam Choudhury.
A total of 1,42,702 voters will exercise their their franchise on February 24 in 117 polling stations.
The counting will be held on February 28.
A candidate can use Rs 16 lakhs as their entire expenditure for campaigning, Theak said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug