Electorate will teach Congress a lesson : BJP
Guwahati: Blaming the ruling Congress for corruption and mismanagement in rural development projects in Assam, BJP on Monday said the electorate will teach it a `lesson` in the coming panchayat polls.
"Last few years have seen huge misappropriation of central funds and people in rural areas of Assam have been deprived of benefits of schemes under the panchayati raj system, Assam state BJP president Sarbananda Sonowal told reporters here.
BJP, he said, is expecting a good show in the polls and the first list of its candidates would be released before December 30.
Its main poll plank would be presenting itself as an alternative to the Congress and highlight about the corruption in the panchayat system and rural development schemes, Sonowal added.
The panchayat polls in Assam will be held in three phases on January 30, February 6 and February 12, 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Muslims not doing 'enough' to fight Islamic State: Jordan's Queen Rania