Electorate will teach Congress a lesson : BJP
Guwahati: Blaming the ruling Congress for corruption and mismanagement in rural development projects in Assam, BJP on Monday said the electorate will teach it a `lesson` in the coming panchayat polls.
"Last few years have seen huge misappropriation of central funds and people in rural areas of Assam have been deprived of benefits of schemes under the panchayati raj system, Assam state BJP president Sarbananda Sonowal told reporters here.
BJP, he said, is expecting a good show in the polls and the first list of its candidates would be released before December 30.
Its main poll plank would be presenting itself as an alternative to the Congress and highlight about the corruption in the panchayat system and rural development schemes, Sonowal added.
The panchayat polls in Assam will be held in three phases on January 30, February 6 and February 12, 2013.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative