Emergency Management Exercise in Guwahati
Guwahati: In order to enhance capability for emergency management services, the Assam State Disaster Management Authority will conduct a week-long Emergency Management Exercise here from October 29.
The operation will be undertaken in collaboration with the District Disaster Management Authority, Kamrup Metropolitan District and National Disaster Management Authority, an official statement said.
As part of the exercise, a preparedness drill will be conducted on November 3 in the city.
It said that Emergency Management Exercise has been designed as capability enhancement exercise for emergency management services and aims at harnessing the strength capacities of the emergency responders, educational institutes, hospitals and others so that they are better prepared for facing any eventuality.
Around 14 training tracks and practice sessions will help the support functionaries to rehearse coordinated Mass Casualty Management.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Terror motive suspected in Australia stabbing attack
- Indians wildly celebrating two 'losing' medals? This British journalist terms it EMBARRASSING!
- Driverless cars on the horizon, but India far from ready
- Philippines' Rodrigo Duterte says Southeast Asia will insist China respects sea ruling
- PC shipment grew 7.2% in Q2 2016, HP leads: IDC