Emergency Management Exercise in Guwahati
Guwahati: In order to enhance capability for emergency management services, the Assam State Disaster Management Authority will conduct a week-long Emergency Management Exercise here from October 29.
The operation will be undertaken in collaboration with the District Disaster Management Authority, Kamrup Metropolitan District and National Disaster Management Authority, an official statement said.
As part of the exercise, a preparedness drill will be conducted on November 3 in the city.
It said that Emergency Management Exercise has been designed as capability enhancement exercise for emergency management services and aims at harnessing the strength capacities of the emergency responders, educational institutes, hospitals and others so that they are better prepared for facing any eventuality.
Around 14 training tracks and practice sessions will help the support functionaries to rehearse coordinated Mass Casualty Management.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state