Employment generation stopped during NDA rule: Gogoi
Tezpur: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Monday said employment generation stopped in the country during NDA government at the Centre.
Addressing an election rally at Ghoramari in Sonitpur district, Gogoi said, "During the BJP regime in the country, employment generation stopped and the appointment process was closed, for which lakhs of unemployed youths had to pass many sleepless nights worrying about their future."
Criticising his Gujarat counterpart Narendra Modi, Gogoi said the BJP prime ministerial candidate is "a balloon that now and then comes to fly in the sky of Assam."
"...But during the NDA government, there was not any developmental work in Assam," he added.
Gogoi was campaigning for Congress candidate Bhupen Kumar Borah for the Tezpur constituency.
The Chief Minister claimed of many achievements during the Congress rule, both at the state and the Centre.
"Commendable works like woman empowerment through self-help groups, assistance of yearn for weavers, special loan facilities to artisans etc have only been possible because of the Congress government," he said.
Referring to the policies adopted for development of tea garden areas, Gogoi said a special financial package has been launched to address the problems of the people of such areas in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre