Engineer abducted in Assam
Rangiya: An engineer of Power Grid Corporation was on Saturday abducted by unidentified gunmen from Baksa district of lower Assam.
The engineer, Santhala Taidy Raju, was abducted by a group of four armed men from the Power Grid Corporation`s camp at Dhekipota under Goreshwar police station near the Indo-Bhutan border, police said.
Raju, who hails from Nellore in Andhra Pradesh, was staying in the remote camp with some other company workers.
He was forced at gunpoint to go along with the gunmen, who had come in two motorcycles and reportedly taken towards the Bhutan border.
Police and the Army have launched search operation in the area.
Official sources said it is not clear so far if any militant outfit is behind the abduction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days