Engineering students block road, submits memorandum in Assam
Jorhat: Students from Jorhat Engineering College (JEC) on Monday blocked a road in front of district Deputy Commissioner`s office, mainly demanding maintenance of the road to the institute.
Over 1,000 students of JEC blocked the AT Road for over three hours and submitted a memorandum to the Jorhat DC Solanki Vishal Vasant and a copy separately to the Union HRD Minister Kapil Sibal.
The students were dissatisfied with a range of issues, mainly over the poor condition of the road connecting the institute with the main city.
As per the memorandum, the PWD road has not been repaired for a long time.
The students also stated that the government is focusing on contractual recruitment of teachers rather than permanent employment, resulting in compromise in quality of education.
The memorandum also demanded to increase the capacity of hostel facilities at the JEC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!