Ensure nationality of displaced before resettling
Kokrajhar: As many as 13 Bodo organisations appealed to the government to undertake proper scrutiny of relief camp inmates and verify their nationality before allowing them to return to their homes.
The appeal was made during a meeting here under the chairmanship of Bodo Sahitya Sabha (BSS) President Kameswar Brahma.
The organisation comprising BSS, All Bodo Students Union, Tribal Sangha and All Bodo Women Welfare Federation ABWWF among others also urged the government to ensure a proper upgradation of the National Register of Citizens.
They also demanded that the Indo-Bangladesh border be sealed before any rehabilitation of the relief camp inmates was undertaken.
Blaming illegal immigrants for the violence, they said relations between the Bodos and indegenous minorities were cordial.
Meanwhile, BJP national spokesperson and Rajya Sabha MP Tarun Vijay today visited Kokrajhar and termed the violence as a "demographic war on India".
He appealed to both the central and state governments not to indulge in vote bank politics.
Vijay also said that fake refugees were entering relief camps in Dhubri districts of Assam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH