Ex-scribe arrested in Assam
Guwahati: A former journalist was arrested in the city for allegedly collecting lakhs of rupees from various people on the pretext of providing them jobs in public sector undertaking Oil India Ltd.
Monikuntol Saikia, who had earlier worked in many vernacular newspapers and TV channels, was arrested yesterday based on a FIR filed by one person, police said today.
The complainant had filed the FIR alleging that Saikia had taken money from him and promised to facilitate a job in exchange.
Saikia is also alleged to have duped several other people with false promises of providing jobs.
He had left journalism some years back and was now engaged in private business.
Police are interrogating him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!