Exchange of fire in Kaziranga National Park
Guwahati: An exchange of fire took place
between forest guards and poachers in the world-famed
Kaziranga National Park on Wednesday.
Patrolling forest guards heard a gunshot early this
morning in the Burapahar range of the Park and immediately
retaliated, Park officials said.
An exchange of fire continued in the range but the
poachers managed to escape.
A massive search operation has been launched in the
area to nab the poachers.
The guards suspect that there were four poachers from
the footprints found in the range, the sources added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times