Exchange of fire in Kaziranga National Park
Guwahati: An exchange of fire took place
between forest guards and poachers in the world-famed
Kaziranga National Park on Wednesday.
Patrolling forest guards heard a gunshot early this
morning in the Burapahar range of the Park and immediately
retaliated, Park officials said.
An exchange of fire continued in the range but the
poachers managed to escape.
A massive search operation has been launched in the
area to nab the poachers.
The guards suspect that there were four poachers from
the footprints found in the range, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra