Exchange of fire in Kaziranga National Park
Guwahati: An exchange of fire took place
between forest guards and poachers in the world-famed
Kaziranga National Park on Wednesday.
Patrolling forest guards heard a gunshot early this
morning in the Burapahar range of the Park and immediately
retaliated, Park officials said.
An exchange of fire continued in the range but the
poachers managed to escape.
A massive search operation has been launched in the
area to nab the poachers.
The guards suspect that there were four poachers from
the footprints found in the range, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations