Execute schemes within stipulated time frame: Gogoi
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Wednesday said the government would not entertain excuses on non-implementation of its schemes within its timeframe
"No lame excuses will be heard for non implementation of any scheme within the stipulated timeframe. Officers will be held solely responsible for failing to execute them," he said at a meeting here with heads of all departments here while reviewing the implementation of schemes and programmes under the Plan head.
Any problem faced by the departments in executing any scheme should be sorted out at the chief secretary level, he said and asked PP Varma, adviser to the chief minister to hold periodic meetings with the heads of concerned departments to ensure hassle-free implementation of flagship programmes of the centre and Chief Minister`s Special Programmes.
The departments that were reviewed included PWD (Roads), PWD (Buildings & Highways), Panchayat and Rural Development, Social Welfare, PHED, Urban Development, Village and Small Industries, Large and Medium Industries, Handloom and Textiles, Environment and Forest, Information Technology, Power, Guwahati Development Department among others.
Chief Minister`s Special Package funds allocated and sanctioned to six Tribal Autonomous Councils, Bodoland Tterritorial Council, 18 Development Councils were also reviewed.
The meeting was attended among others by Minister for Planning and Development Tanka Bahadur Rai, Additional Chief Secretary VK Pipersenia, Adviser to CM Flagship Programmes and CM`s Special Programmes PP Varma, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Delhi: Dance instructor commits suicide after strangling suspected lover
- It was a joke: Irrfan on 'Kabali' poster comment
- Salman Khan's brand new 'Sultan' poster is brutal and adrenaline-pumping! – View pic
- Sensex rallies 216 points on 7th Pay Commission approval, GST hopes
- Euro 2016: Can Iceland emulate Leicester City's fairytale and go all the way?