Execute schemes within stipulated time frame: Gogoi
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Wednesday said the government would not entertain excuses on non-implementation of its schemes within its timeframe
"No lame excuses will be heard for non implementation of any scheme within the stipulated timeframe. Officers will be held solely responsible for failing to execute them," he said at a meeting here with heads of all departments here while reviewing the implementation of schemes and programmes under the Plan head.
Any problem faced by the departments in executing any scheme should be sorted out at the chief secretary level, he said and asked PP Varma, adviser to the chief minister to hold periodic meetings with the heads of concerned departments to ensure hassle-free implementation of flagship programmes of the centre and Chief Minister`s Special Programmes.
The departments that were reviewed included PWD (Roads), PWD (Buildings & Highways), Panchayat and Rural Development, Social Welfare, PHED, Urban Development, Village and Small Industries, Large and Medium Industries, Handloom and Textiles, Environment and Forest, Information Technology, Power, Guwahati Development Department among others.
Chief Minister`s Special Package funds allocated and sanctioned to six Tribal Autonomous Councils, Bodoland Tterritorial Council, 18 Development Councils were also reviewed.
The meeting was attended among others by Minister for Planning and Development Tanka Bahadur Rai, Additional Chief Secretary VK Pipersenia, Adviser to CM Flagship Programmes and CM`s Special Programmes PP Varma, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption