Explosives recovered in Assam`s Baksa district
Nalbari: Two hand grenades and as many detonators were recovered from the house of a former NDFB insurgent at a village in lower Assam`s Baksa district on Monday.
On a tip-off, the police and SSB launched a joint operation at Kotabari village, under Tamulpur police station, and recovered the explosives hidden under a haystack in the house of cadre Rakesh Bodo, officials said.
During interrogation, Rakesh told the police that the Bodoland Peoples Front party`s Darangajuli vice-president Sanatan Sarania had asked him to keep the explosives in his house.
Both Rakesh and Sarania were arrested. An investigation was on, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory