Explosives seized from three youths in Assam
Lakhimpur: Plastic explosives were seized from three youths who were targeting a power station in Assam`s Dhemaji district on Republic Day on Saturday.
The three youths, sped away on their motorcycles, when signalled to stop during a routine check near the Panbari border outpost under Gerukamukh police station, police sources said.
They were caught and arrested following a chase after three packets of plastic explosives, five packets of fuse wire, six fuses and daggers were found in their possession, the sources said.
The youths identified as Pranendra Wari, Nakesh Narzari and Hemkanta Narzari were targeting the National Hydroelectric Power Corporation at the Gerukamukh dam site, they said.
It was not known to which insurgent outfit they belonged.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory