Explosives seized from three youths in Assam
Lakhimpur: Plastic explosives were seized from three youths who were targeting a power station in Assam`s Dhemaji district on Republic Day on Saturday.
The three youths, sped away on their motorcycles, when signalled to stop during a routine check near the Panbari border outpost under Gerukamukh police station, police sources said.
They were caught and arrested following a chase after three packets of plastic explosives, five packets of fuse wire, six fuses and daggers were found in their possession, the sources said.
The youths identified as Pranendra Wari, Nakesh Narzari and Hemkanta Narzari were targeting the National Hydroelectric Power Corporation at the Gerukamukh dam site, they said.
It was not known to which insurgent outfit they belonged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : Dr. Subhash Chandra Show on tips for successful life
- Solar Impulse 2 lands in Spain, completes world's first Atlantic flight
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- World doping watchdog WADA shuts down Rio Olympic lab
- 'What is the EU?' searches spike on Google after shattering Brexit vote
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill