Explosives seized from three youths in Assam
Lakhimpur: Plastic explosives were seized from three youths who were targeting a power station in Assam`s Dhemaji district on Republic Day on Saturday.
The three youths, sped away on their motorcycles, when signalled to stop during a routine check near the Panbari border outpost under Gerukamukh police station, police sources said.
They were caught and arrested following a chase after three packets of plastic explosives, five packets of fuse wire, six fuses and daggers were found in their possession, the sources said.
The youths identified as Pranendra Wari, Nakesh Narzari and Hemkanta Narzari were targeting the National Hydroelectric Power Corporation at the Gerukamukh dam site, they said.
It was not known to which insurgent outfit they belonged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice