Fake currency seized in Assam
Dhubri: A Bangladeshi national was on Tuesday nabbed by the BSF in Dhubri district and fake Indian currency with a face value of Rs 2.98 lakh was seized from his possession.
During a special operation by the BSF, the foreigner was caught when he was attempting to cross over to India at Khagrachar, BSF sources said.
He was identified as one Gulam Mustafa of Saibaralga, in Kurigram district of Bangladesh, the sources said.
The seizure included 199 fake notes of Rs 1000 denomination and 198 pieces of Rs 500 denomination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list