Fake currency seized in Assam
Dhubri: A Bangladeshi national was on Tuesday nabbed by the BSF in Dhubri district and fake Indian currency with a face value of Rs 2.98 lakh was seized from his possession.
During a special operation by the BSF, the foreigner was caught when he was attempting to cross over to India at Khagrachar, BSF sources said.
He was identified as one Gulam Mustafa of Saibaralga, in Kurigram district of Bangladesh, the sources said.
The seizure included 199 fake notes of Rs 1000 denomination and 198 pieces of Rs 500 denomination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof