Fake currency seized in Assam
Dhubri: A Bangladeshi national was on Tuesday nabbed by the BSF in Dhubri district and fake Indian currency with a face value of Rs 2.98 lakh was seized from his possession.
During a special operation by the BSF, the foreigner was caught when he was attempting to cross over to India at Khagrachar, BSF sources said.
He was identified as one Gulam Mustafa of Saibaralga, in Kurigram district of Bangladesh, the sources said.
The seizure included 199 fake notes of Rs 1000 denomination and 198 pieces of Rs 500 denomination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what