FCI receives ULFA extortion demand
North Lakhimpur: The banned United Liberation Front of Asom (ULFA) has served an extortion notice on the Food Corporation of India`s (FCI) office in Lakhimpur
district of North Assam.
The extortion demand was made over phone earlier this week and an FIR has been lodged in this regard, officer-in- charge of North Lakhimpur police station Dimbeswar Roy claimed on Wednesday.
The FIR has been lodged by FCI Lakhimpur branch incharge Augustin Clinton Olivero.
The calls were made from two mobile numbers to FCI deputy depot incharge of Japisojia Abdul Mateen and another official Pradeep Sharma.
The police have not disclosed the extortion demand from the ultras and further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA