FCI receives ULFA extortion demand
North Lakhimpur: The banned United Liberation Front of Asom (ULFA) has served an extortion notice on the Food Corporation of India`s (FCI) office in Lakhimpur
district of North Assam.
The extortion demand was made over phone earlier this week and an FIR has been lodged in this regard, officer-in- charge of North Lakhimpur police station Dimbeswar Roy claimed on Wednesday.
The FIR has been lodged by FCI Lakhimpur branch incharge Augustin Clinton Olivero.
The calls were made from two mobile numbers to FCI deputy depot incharge of Japisojia Abdul Mateen and another official Pradeep Sharma.
The police have not disclosed the extortion demand from the ultras and further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations