FCI receives ULFA extortion demand
North Lakhimpur: The banned United Liberation Front of Asom (ULFA) has served an extortion notice on the Food Corporation of India`s (FCI) office in Lakhimpur
district of North Assam.
The extortion demand was made over phone earlier this week and an FIR has been lodged in this regard, officer-in- charge of North Lakhimpur police station Dimbeswar Roy claimed on Wednesday.
The FIR has been lodged by FCI Lakhimpur branch incharge Augustin Clinton Olivero.
The calls were made from two mobile numbers to FCI deputy depot incharge of Japisojia Abdul Mateen and another official Pradeep Sharma.
The police have not disclosed the extortion demand from the ultras and further investigations are on.
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Ex-servicemen suspend OROP protest, threaten to intensify agitation if demands not met
- West Bengal goes for fifth phase of polling on Saturday
- Tajikistan bans Russian-style surnames for children
- S&P keeps UK on triple-A rating, says expects no Brexit
- Google Translate turns 10: Five interesting things you want to know about it