Files stolen from Assam court
Morigaon: Two accused criminals broke into the Morigaon district Chief Judicial Magistrate`s court in central Assam and stole files relating to criminal cases from there last night.
The two broke open the windows of the court building and stole 30 files which they threw away in a nearby drain before fleeing away, police said.
One of the criminals Bimal Hazarika, however, left behind his wallet from where his driving license was found by police this morning.
Police immediately tracked him along with his accomplice Asim Bordoloi and arrested them.
The 30 files were recovered from the drain and returned to the court, the police said.
Criminal cases against the duo, hailing from Morigaon town, were pending in the CJM`s court, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you