Files stolen from Assam court
Morigaon: Two accused criminals broke into the Morigaon district Chief Judicial Magistrate`s court in central Assam and stole files relating to criminal cases from there last night.
The two broke open the windows of the court building and stole 30 files which they threw away in a nearby drain before fleeing away, police said.
One of the criminals Bimal Hazarika, however, left behind his wallet from where his driving license was found by police this morning.
Police immediately tracked him along with his accomplice Asim Bordoloi and arrested them.
The 30 files were recovered from the drain and returned to the court, the police said.
Criminal cases against the duo, hailing from Morigaon town, were pending in the CJM`s court, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days