Files stolen from Assam court
Morigaon: Two accused criminals broke into the Morigaon district Chief Judicial Magistrate`s court in central Assam and stole files relating to criminal cases from there last night.
The two broke open the windows of the court building and stole 30 files which they threw away in a nearby drain before fleeing away, police said.
One of the criminals Bimal Hazarika, however, left behind his wallet from where his driving license was found by police this morning.
Police immediately tracked him along with his accomplice Asim Bordoloi and arrested them.
The 30 files were recovered from the drain and returned to the court, the police said.
Criminal cases against the duo, hailing from Morigaon town, were pending in the CJM`s court, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak