Files stolen from Assam court
Morigaon: Two accused criminals broke into the Morigaon district Chief Judicial Magistrate`s court in central Assam and stole files relating to criminal cases from there last night.
The two broke open the windows of the court building and stole 30 files which they threw away in a nearby drain before fleeing away, police said.
One of the criminals Bimal Hazarika, however, left behind his wallet from where his driving license was found by police this morning.
Police immediately tracked him along with his accomplice Asim Bordoloi and arrested them.
The 30 files were recovered from the drain and returned to the court, the police said.
Criminal cases against the duo, hailing from Morigaon town, were pending in the CJM`s court, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!