Fire at ONGC unit in Assam, two dead
Sibsagar: A massive fire swept through a unit of the ONGC at upper Assam`s Sibsagar district killing two persons and destroying property worth lakhs of rupees, ONGC officials said.
The fire started from a part of the Group Gathering Stations (GGS) number 3 of ONGC`s Assam Asset at Geleki in Sibsagar around midnight.
The fire rapidly spread through the entire GGS burning thousands of tonnes of oil.
It took many hours for the ONGC`s fire department to douse the flame.
Bodies of two workers were found from the spot, though their names have not been disclosed so far.
The exact quantum of loss or the reason for the fire are yet to be ascertained. Senior officials have rushed to the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!