Fire at ONGC unit in Assam, two dead
Sibsagar: A massive fire swept through a unit of the ONGC at upper Assam`s Sibsagar district killing two persons and destroying property worth lakhs of rupees, ONGC officials said.
The fire started from a part of the Group Gathering Stations (GGS) number 3 of ONGC`s Assam Asset at Geleki in Sibsagar around midnight.
The fire rapidly spread through the entire GGS burning thousands of tonnes of oil.
It took many hours for the ONGC`s fire department to douse the flame.
Bodies of two workers were found from the spot, though their names have not been disclosed so far.
The exact quantum of loss or the reason for the fire are yet to be ascertained. Senior officials have rushed to the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron
- Britain probes whether some Sharia courts legitimise forced marriage, divorces unfair to women
- PM Modi to flag-off Mizoram’s first broad-gauge passenger train from Bairabi to Silchar today