Fire at ONGC unit in Assam, two dead
Sibsagar: A massive fire swept through a unit of the ONGC at upper Assam`s Sibsagar district killing two persons and destroying property worth lakhs of rupees, ONGC officials said.
The fire started from a part of the Group Gathering Stations (GGS) number 3 of ONGC`s Assam Asset at Geleki in Sibsagar around midnight.
The fire rapidly spread through the entire GGS burning thousands of tonnes of oil.
It took many hours for the ONGC`s fire department to douse the flame.
Bodies of two workers were found from the spot, though their names have not been disclosed so far.
The exact quantum of loss or the reason for the fire are yet to be ascertained. Senior officials have rushed to the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win