First governement old age home in Assam
Guwahati:For senior citizens in Assam to live with dignity and in good health, the state government has set up its first old age home in Kamrup (Rural) district.
The home will provide accomodation for 25 male and as many women inmates, official sources said here today.
The state owned home, constructed at a cost of Rs 1.25 crore, was inaugurated by Social Welfare Minister Akan Bora at Bamunigaon in Boko near here yesterday.
The home was part of the government measures to ensure that the senior citizens were not neglected in their old age and could live with dignity and in good health, Bora said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside