First governement old age home in Assam
Guwahati:For senior citizens in Assam to live with dignity and in good health, the state government has set up its first old age home in Kamrup (Rural) district.
The home will provide accomodation for 25 male and as many women inmates, official sources said here today.
The state owned home, constructed at a cost of Rs 1.25 crore, was inaugurated by Social Welfare Minister Akan Bora at Bamunigaon in Boko near here yesterday.
The home was part of the government measures to ensure that the senior citizens were not neglected in their old age and could live with dignity and in good health, Bora said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?