First governement old age home in Assam
Guwahati:For senior citizens in Assam to live with dignity and in good health, the state government has set up its first old age home in Kamrup (Rural) district.
The home will provide accomodation for 25 male and as many women inmates, official sources said here today.
The state owned home, constructed at a cost of Rs 1.25 crore, was inaugurated by Social Welfare Minister Akan Bora at Bamunigaon in Boko near here yesterday.
The home was part of the government measures to ensure that the senior citizens were not neglected in their old age and could live with dignity and in good health, Bora said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?