First governement old age home in Assam
Guwahati:For senior citizens in Assam to live with dignity and in good health, the state government has set up its first old age home in Kamrup (Rural) district.
The home will provide accomodation for 25 male and as many women inmates, official sources said here today.
The state owned home, constructed at a cost of Rs 1.25 crore, was inaugurated by Social Welfare Minister Akan Bora at Bamunigaon in Boko near here yesterday.
The home was part of the government measures to ensure that the senior citizens were not neglected in their old age and could live with dignity and in good health, Bora said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'