First husband files case against MLA Rumi Nath
Karimganj: Controversial MLA Rumi Nath`s first husband has filed a case in Silchar against her and her second husband, accusing them of bigamy, illicit relation as well as theft.
Rakesh Singh, a Uttar Pradesh-based physician, who married Nath four years back and has a two-year-old daugther with her, had earlier lodged an FIR with the police suspecting that his wife was abducted, police sources said here on Wednesday.
Nath had allegedly eloped with Jacky Zakir last month and resurfaced in Guwahati last weekend after being in hiding for several weeks.
She admitted to have married for the second time without divorcing her first husband.
She had also filed a case against the first husband, alleging that he had beaten her and threatened her with dire consequences on several occasions.
Nath was first elected to the Assembly in 2006 on a BJP ticket from the Borkhola constituency in the Barak Valley and later defected to the Congress.
The MLA had defended her action by telling a Guwahati-based TV channel, "I am not committing any crime. I have no fear and am ready to face every situation."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre