First husband files case against MLA Rumi Nath
Karimganj: Controversial MLA Rumi Nath`s first husband has filed a case in Silchar against her and her second husband, accusing them of bigamy, illicit relation as well as theft.
Rakesh Singh, a Uttar Pradesh-based physician, who married Nath four years back and has a two-year-old daugther with her, had earlier lodged an FIR with the police suspecting that his wife was abducted, police sources said here on Wednesday.
Nath had allegedly eloped with Jacky Zakir last month and resurfaced in Guwahati last weekend after being in hiding for several weeks.
She admitted to have married for the second time without divorcing her first husband.
She had also filed a case against the first husband, alleging that he had beaten her and threatened her with dire consequences on several occasions.
Nath was first elected to the Assembly in 2006 on a BJP ticket from the Borkhola constituency in the Barak Valley and later defected to the Congress.
The MLA had defended her action by telling a Guwahati-based TV channel, "I am not committing any crime. I have no fear and am ready to face every situation."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured