First husband files case against MLA Rumi Nath
Karimganj: Controversial MLA Rumi Nath`s first husband has filed a case in Silchar against her and her second husband, accusing them of bigamy, illicit relation as well as theft.
Rakesh Singh, a Uttar Pradesh-based physician, who married Nath four years back and has a two-year-old daugther with her, had earlier lodged an FIR with the police suspecting that his wife was abducted, police sources said here on Wednesday.
Nath had allegedly eloped with Jacky Zakir last month and resurfaced in Guwahati last weekend after being in hiding for several weeks.
She admitted to have married for the second time without divorcing her first husband.
She had also filed a case against the first husband, alleging that he had beaten her and threatened her with dire consequences on several occasions.
Nath was first elected to the Assembly in 2006 on a BJP ticket from the Borkhola constituency in the Barak Valley and later defected to the Congress.
The MLA had defended her action by telling a Guwahati-based TV channel, "I am not committing any crime. I have no fear and am ready to face every situation."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi