Five Army jawans arrested for molesting girl in Assam
Dibrugarh: Five Army jawans have been arrested in Assam for allegedly molesting a teenage girl in Dibrugarh railway station and remanded to judicial custody.
The girl and her brother, hailing from neighbouring Lakhimpur district, arrived at the railway station from Guwahati in Kamakhya Express late on Thursday night and as they went to separate rest rooms there, the group of jawans from 58 Engineers Regiment allegedly molested the girl, police said.
They first locked the brother`s rest room door and then entered the girl`s rest room and sexually assaulted her, the police said.
As she screamed for help, nearby people came to her rescue and thrashed the jawans and handed four of them to police. One of them fled away.
The arrested jawans were Mandip Singh, PC Joshi, Bishnu Bahadur Rana and Arinder Singh.
Today the fifth jawan Kamal Bahadur Chetri who had fled was handed over by the army authorities to the police station, the police said.
All the five were produced in court which sent them to judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem