Five Army jawans arrested for molesting girl in Assam
Dibrugarh: Five Army jawans have been arrested in Assam for allegedly molesting a teenage girl in Dibrugarh railway station and remanded to judicial custody.
The girl and her brother, hailing from neighbouring Lakhimpur district, arrived at the railway station from Guwahati in Kamakhya Express late on Thursday night and as they went to separate rest rooms there, the group of jawans from 58 Engineers Regiment allegedly molested the girl, police said.
They first locked the brother`s rest room door and then entered the girl`s rest room and sexually assaulted her, the police said.
As she screamed for help, nearby people came to her rescue and thrashed the jawans and handed four of them to police. One of them fled away.
The arrested jawans were Mandip Singh, PC Joshi, Bishnu Bahadur Rana and Arinder Singh.
Today the fifth jawan Kamal Bahadur Chetri who had fled was handed over by the army authorities to the police station, the police said.
All the five were produced in court which sent them to judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi