Five Army jawans arrested for molesting girl in Assam
Dibrugarh: Five Army jawans have been arrested in Assam for allegedly molesting a teenage girl in Dibrugarh railway station and remanded to judicial custody.
The girl and her brother, hailing from neighbouring Lakhimpur district, arrived at the railway station from Guwahati in Kamakhya Express late on Thursday night and as they went to separate rest rooms there, the group of jawans from 58 Engineers Regiment allegedly molested the girl, police said.
They first locked the brother`s rest room door and then entered the girl`s rest room and sexually assaulted her, the police said.
As she screamed for help, nearby people came to her rescue and thrashed the jawans and handed four of them to police. One of them fled away.
The arrested jawans were Mandip Singh, PC Joshi, Bishnu Bahadur Rana and Arinder Singh.
Today the fifth jawan Kamal Bahadur Chetri who had fled was handed over by the army authorities to the police station, the police said.
All the five were produced in court which sent them to judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding