Five hepatitis cases during school health prog
Itanagar: Five students of Vivekananda Kendra
Vidyalaya (VKV) at Wessang in East Kameng district of
Arunachal Pradesh tested positive for Hepatitis during tests
carried out among 131 students and staffers.
Expressing concern over the detection of the five
Hepatitis cases, Arunachal Pradesh Health and Family Welfare
Minister Atum Welly said similar school health
programme (SHP) would be conducted in other schools to detect
such cases and provide them with adequate treatment.
On being apprised of the situation by district medical
officer Dr T Gongu, Welly said to a news agency that all possible steps
would be taken to prevent the disease.
The SHP was conducted by a district health society team
led by DRCHO Dr K Lapung and district hospital senior dental
surgeon Dr T Tagya recently.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai