Five killed as militants attack bus in Assam
Guwahati: At least five people were killed and two others injured when suspected militants of the anti-talk faction of the National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB) attacked a bus in Assam`s Kokrajhar district late Friday, police said.
The incident took place at Aathiabari Tiniali under Serfanguri police station. Commissioner (Home) G.D. Tripathy said that while five people were killed on the spot, two others were injured in the attack. Two more people were missing after the incident, he said.
Police sources said that a group of armed militants stopped the bus, which was travelling from Bongaigaon to Kokrajhar, at Aathiabari Tiniali and forced at least 10 people to get down and opened fire at them.
Top police officials rushed to the spot and launched an operation against the militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Men with suspected ISIS links brought to Kochi for probe
- In or out? Did Sidhu really quit BJP and join AAP!
- Rajnath Singh sends out stern message to Pakistan, says 'we don't need third party in Kashmir'
- Declare India a 'Hindu state', says Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray
- AN-32 search still on, ISRO satellite imagery sought