Five killed as militants attack bus in Assam
Guwahati: At least five people were killed and two others injured when suspected militants of the anti-talk faction of the National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB) attacked a bus in Assam`s Kokrajhar district late Friday, police said.
The incident took place at Aathiabari Tiniali under Serfanguri police station. Commissioner (Home) G.D. Tripathy said that while five people were killed on the spot, two others were injured in the attack. Two more people were missing after the incident, he said.
Police sources said that a group of armed militants stopped the bus, which was travelling from Bongaigaon to Kokrajhar, at Aathiabari Tiniali and forced at least 10 people to get down and opened fire at them.
Top police officials rushed to the spot and launched an operation against the militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube