Five killed as militants attack bus in Assam
Guwahati: At least five people were killed and two others injured when suspected militants of the anti-talk faction of the National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB) attacked a bus in Assam`s Kokrajhar district late Friday, police said.
The incident took place at Aathiabari Tiniali under Serfanguri police station. Commissioner (Home) G.D. Tripathy said that while five people were killed on the spot, two others were injured in the attack. Two more people were missing after the incident, he said.
Police sources said that a group of armed militants stopped the bus, which was travelling from Bongaigaon to Kokrajhar, at Aathiabari Tiniali and forced at least 10 people to get down and opened fire at them.
Top police officials rushed to the spot and launched an operation against the militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal