Five killed, eight injured in road mishap in Assam
Rangiya (Assam): Five persons were killed and eight others injured when a truck and an auto-rickshaw collided in Assam`s Kamrup (Rural) district on Friday, police said.
One person was killed and 12 others were injured, most of them critically, when the speeding vehicles collided at Bhagawatipara in Bijoynagar outpost area.
The injured were rushed to a local hospital where four of them succumbed to their injuries, while eight others are in a serious condition.
Protesting the accident, locals set the truck ablaze and blocked the road near the accident site.
Senior police officials rushed to the spot and brought the situation under control.
The dead have been identified as Ratna Kalita, Damayanti Goswami, Prafulla Kalita, Amulya Kalita and Putul Ali, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next