Five killed, eight injured in road mishap in Assam
Rangiya (Assam): Five persons were killed and eight others injured when a truck and an auto-rickshaw collided in Assam`s Kamrup (Rural) district on Friday, police said.
One person was killed and 12 others were injured, most of them critically, when the speeding vehicles collided at Bhagawatipara in Bijoynagar outpost area.
The injured were rushed to a local hospital where four of them succumbed to their injuries, while eight others are in a serious condition.
Protesting the accident, locals set the truck ablaze and blocked the road near the accident site.
Senior police officials rushed to the spot and brought the situation under control.
The dead have been identified as Ratna Kalita, Damayanti Goswami, Prafulla Kalita, Amulya Kalita and Putul Ali, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference