Five militants lay down arms before Assam Rifles authorities
Imphal: Five militants of the Manipur-based United Tribal Liberation Army (Thadou Group), including its self-styled commander-in-chief Manglian Boni, have laid down arms before Assam Rifles at Jiribam in Imphal East district of Manipur.
Official sources said today two rifles, two 9mm pistols and several rounds of ammunition were handed over to the authorities when the militants laid down arms.
The sources revealed that the UTLA-TG broke away from UTLA (Robert Faction) and that both UTLA factios were operating in parts of Manipur in the Jiribam area and parts of Cachar in Assam.
Their main aim is to form autonomous areas for some small tribes to be carved out of Manipur and Cachar district of Assam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand