Five militants lay down arms before Assam Rifles authorities
Imphal: Five militants of the Manipur-based United Tribal Liberation Army (Thadou Group), including its self-styled commander-in-chief Manglian Boni, have laid down arms before Assam Rifles at Jiribam in Imphal East district of Manipur.
Official sources said today two rifles, two 9mm pistols and several rounds of ammunition were handed over to the authorities when the militants laid down arms.
The sources revealed that the UTLA-TG broke away from UTLA (Robert Faction) and that both UTLA factios were operating in parts of Manipur in the Jiribam area and parts of Cachar in Assam.
Their main aim is to form autonomous areas for some small tribes to be carved out of Manipur and Cachar district of Assam.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory