Five militants lay down arms before Assam Rifles authorities
Imphal: Five militants of the Manipur-based United Tribal Liberation Army (Thadou Group), including its self-styled commander-in-chief Manglian Boni, have laid down arms before Assam Rifles at Jiribam in Imphal East district of Manipur.
Official sources said today two rifles, two 9mm pistols and several rounds of ammunition were handed over to the authorities when the militants laid down arms.
The sources revealed that the UTLA-TG broke away from UTLA (Robert Faction) and that both UTLA factios were operating in parts of Manipur in the Jiribam area and parts of Cachar in Assam.
Their main aim is to form autonomous areas for some small tribes to be carved out of Manipur and Cachar district of Assam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh