Five militants lay down arms before Assam Rifles authorities
Imphal: Five militants of the Manipur-based United Tribal Liberation Army (Thadou Group), including its self-styled commander-in-chief Manglian Boni, have laid down arms before Assam Rifles at Jiribam in Imphal East district of Manipur.
Official sources said today two rifles, two 9mm pistols and several rounds of ammunition were handed over to the authorities when the militants laid down arms.
The sources revealed that the UTLA-TG broke away from UTLA (Robert Faction) and that both UTLA factios were operating in parts of Manipur in the Jiribam area and parts of Cachar in Assam.
Their main aim is to form autonomous areas for some small tribes to be carved out of Manipur and Cachar district of Assam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bipasha Basu just shared vignettes of 'mad love' on 'The Kapil Sharma Show'! – View pics
- IPL 2016, final: Five reasons why SunRisers Hyderabad will be no match for Virat Kohli and co
- Sharing stage with Madhuri Dixit, 'a moment to cherish forever' for Lisa Haydon!
- Karan Johar visits 'Befikre' sets, gets emotional cherishing 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' days!
- Bizarre: Man puts wife at stake in IPL gambling, loses her