Five policemen injured as mob clash with police
Karimganj (Assam): Five policemen were injured when a mob clashed with a police team which had gone to arrest some persons accused of assaulting a railway employee in the Badarpur town in Assam`s Karimganj district on Saturday.
The incident took place near the Badarpur railway station when a police team went to arrest some persons who had injured railway employee Swapan Mazumdar, police said.
The mob prevented police from making arrests and threw stones at them injuring five police personnel including Additional Superintendent of Police, Karimganj, KK Gupta, police sources said.
The mob also damaged a police vehicle and five shops in the locality.
The police resorted to firing to control the mob.
Police and CRPF personnel were deployed in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery