Five policemen injured as mob clash with police
Karimganj (Assam): Five policemen were injured when a mob clashed with a police team which had gone to arrest some persons accused of assaulting a railway employee in the Badarpur town in Assam`s Karimganj district on Saturday.
The incident took place near the Badarpur railway station when a police team went to arrest some persons who had injured railway employee Swapan Mazumdar, police said.
The mob prevented police from making arrests and threw stones at them injuring five police personnel including Additional Superintendent of Police, Karimganj, KK Gupta, police sources said.
The mob also damaged a police vehicle and five shops in the locality.
The police resorted to firing to control the mob.
Police and CRPF personnel were deployed in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition
- Facebook CEO says group will not become a media company