Five policemen injured as mob clash with police
Karimganj (Assam): Five policemen were injured when a mob clashed with a police team which had gone to arrest some persons accused of assaulting a railway employee in the Badarpur town in Assam`s Karimganj district on Saturday.
The incident took place near the Badarpur railway station when a police team went to arrest some persons who had injured railway employee Swapan Mazumdar, police said.
The mob prevented police from making arrests and threw stones at them injuring five police personnel including Additional Superintendent of Police, Karimganj, KK Gupta, police sources said.
The mob also damaged a police vehicle and five shops in the locality.
The police resorted to firing to control the mob.
Police and CRPF personnel were deployed in the area.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Modi finds 'Little India' with Diwali lights, delicious food in Singapore - In Pics