Five policemen injured as mob clash with police
Karimganj (Assam): Five policemen were injured when a mob clashed with a police team which had gone to arrest some persons accused of assaulting a railway employee in the Badarpur town in Assam`s Karimganj district on Saturday.
The incident took place near the Badarpur railway station when a police team went to arrest some persons who had injured railway employee Swapan Mazumdar, police said.
The mob prevented police from making arrests and threw stones at them injuring five police personnel including Additional Superintendent of Police, Karimganj, KK Gupta, police sources said.
The mob also damaged a police vehicle and five shops in the locality.
The police resorted to firing to control the mob.
Police and CRPF personnel were deployed in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre