Five policemen injured as mob clash with police
Karimganj (Assam): Five policemen were injured when a mob clashed with a police team which had gone to arrest some persons accused of assaulting a railway employee in the Badarpur town in Assam`s Karimganj district on Saturday.
The incident took place near the Badarpur railway station when a police team went to arrest some persons who had injured railway employee Swapan Mazumdar, police said.
The mob prevented police from making arrests and threw stones at them injuring five police personnel including Additional Superintendent of Police, Karimganj, KK Gupta, police sources said.
The mob also damaged a police vehicle and five shops in the locality.
The police resorted to firing to control the mob.
Police and CRPF personnel were deployed in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar