Five UTLA militants surrender
Karimganj (Assam): Five militants of United Tiger Liberation (UTLA-S K Thadou group), including its self-styled commander-in-chief, have surrendered before Assam Rifles at Jiribam bordering Mizoram.
The cadres surrendered at 22 Assam Rifles headqaurters before senior officials yesterday, official said here on Wednesday.
The cadres were identified as self-styled commander-in-chief Manglien Singson alias Bonny, self styled Major Kalsem Singson alias Romance, second lieutenant Ketkai, Private Haobem Singson alias Laden and private Chungkholem Chongloi alias Raju.
They laid down one 7.62 mm bolt action rifle, one single barrel rifle, one 9mm carbine and two 9 mm pistols and ammunitions.
UTLA (SK Thadou group) was formed following the split in the UTLA (Robert Singson) group, which is currently operating along the Cachar border and Manipur, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid