Five-yr-old girl tortured and severely injured in Assam
Karimganj (Assam): A five-year old girl was allegedly tortured and severely injured by a youth in Assam`s Karimganj district, police said on Wednesday.
The five-year-old girl, who went missing on Monday evening was found lying in a paddy field with severe injuries near her house at Pinnagar village yesterday, Additional Superintendent of Police KK Gupta said.
With her father alleging that she was raped by the youth, who was arrested by the police.
However, the youth claimed that he was asked by the girl`s father, who is a shopkeeper, to take her home but she entered a wedding function on the way and went missing from there.
Gupta said medical examination of the girl has revealed that she was tortured and severely beaten up but whether she was raped or not was yet to be ascertained.
The girl was first admitted to Karimganj Civil Hospital and later referred to Silchar Medical College Hospital, where her condition today was stated to be critical.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman