Flood affects 15 villages in Sonitpur district in Assam
Tezpur: More than five thousand people in 15 villages of Assam`s Sonitpur district have been affected with water level of the rivers rising alarmingly on Tuesday due to heavy rainfall in the catchment areas of neighbouring Arunachal Pradesh.
The water level of Rivers Satrang and Solengi were rising in Gohpur sub-division following heavy rainfall with large tracts of land inundated and several houses have been damaged, Sonitpur Deputy Commissioner Lalit Gogoi said.
The district administration has already set up a control room at Gohpur and a rescue team has been kept in preparedness for rendering service to the affected people, Gogoi said.
Roads have also been damaged in the affected areas following flooding with several stretches partially or fully submerged.
Many embankments have also been eroded while approach roads to some bridges and culverts have been damaged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you